Saturday, June 11, 2011

a small but useful project

I was recently spring cleaning my daughter's bedroom while she was at school. There are lots of baskets, containers and toy boxes in her bedroom but there was a need for small containers for storing her more 'precious' items. Precious things like her Pez collection, magic wands, silly bandz, lip gloss, body glitter etc. I wracked my brain and then I remembered some little containers that I had tucked aside some time ago. I pulled out some old Betty Crocker (or Duncan Hines) icing containers that used to look like this before all the yummy contents were gobbled up.


They were already washed up with the labels removed just waiting to be put to good use. I pulled out some scrap paper and went to work on this simple little project. I used Crate Paper's Paper Doll Collection. It was an easy choice with the little dolls, purses and matching patterns. All I did was use one simple band of paper wrapped around each container. I used Fabri-tac to adhere the pattern paper to the container. At the top of each container I adhered a simple piece of lace, again with the Fabri-tac and voila - instant gratification and instant organization! When Larissa came home from school she was absolutely thrilled with her new little containers. They made finding her most important little treasures so much easier instead of digging through larger baskets or bins. I also love any project that reduces, re-uses & recycles...go green!!

I think they'll be lots more of these little containers popping up around the house, especially in Larissa's art corner!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Maria Asmus said...

Great layout and I love those little containers!! :)

Tanya said...

these are adorable!