Monday, June 20, 2011

Lupin Lane

This is where I live. {Prince Edward Island} I'm pretty convinced that I live in one of the most wonderful little spots in the entire world. Then again, I've never really left to see the rest of the world so what do I know? I don't really care to leave...at least not for more than a week or two at a time. In June the lupins come out to bloom. They fill up the ditches and the edges of fields. They overlook the cliffs and dunes at the ocean and they just make this Island that much prettier. A dear friend once told me that as she and her family crossed the Confederation Bridge and entered PEI, they could smell this smell.... I piped up "Was it pesticide sprays from the fields? Was it smell of deep frying french fries from the processing plant? Was it manure on fields?" No, she told me it was a beautiful fragrant, flower smell that was everywhere. It was lupins. It's funny how sometimes when we are surrounded by great beauty all the time we need to have it pointed out to us by someone who is discovering it for the first time. Lupins come in a several colours,. Here we mainly see pink, white and lots and lots of shades of purple. So, here I am again, showing you a purple page even though I avoid it like the plague in scrapbooking. I think it works for this page though ;)

This is Larissa in front of our house this time last year. I would love to get some new lupin shots this year but we had a torrential downpour yesterday and most of the lupins were flattened. They'll be back up and spry in a few days again so I'll wander out with my camera and get new photos. This time with my baby boy in there too :)

I created this layout for Prima Marketing. The purple fabric trim is one of the prettiest scrapbook embellishments I have ever worked with (even if it is purple! LOL) There were so many pretty little bits that I loved from Prima's winter CHA release, some of which are metal/glass trinkets and crochet flower centres. I'd link 'em up to Prima for you but that portion of their site doesn't seem to be working at this time.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and peek in on my work.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Tracey Taylor said...

That first photo belongs in a magazine. LOVE your page and yes, the purple totally belongs. I have some of that trim in taupe and brown. Had no idea it came in purple!?!

Megan said...

What a lovely page! I love the purple.

I've always wanted to visit PEI. I have a lot of family that immigrated there from Ireland. Your pictures make me want to go there even more now! So beautiful!

Darlene D said...

Beautiful Amanda, you definitely rock the purple. I've enjoyed the fragrant scent of the lupin fields many times on your island. We always made a point of rolling down the windows and breathing deep!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous layout, Amanda!! Where did you take that first picture?? It was obviously before yesterday after those 2 bouts of hail and torrential downpour we had! Hope all is well with you and babes!

Cindy Gay said...

It is gorgeous there and your layout is too!

Brenda LeDoux said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What am I doing in the HOT South? Love your LO too!

Pendra said...

I have never had the opportunity to smell Lupin fields, but your photo is so wonderful... I can almost smell it! Your layout is beautiful, the purple trim is very pretty and I love the gorgeous lace too! I am a new follower so I will be seeing you!

Mireille said...

sweetie.. I DO think you live in the most beautiful place in the world