Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ode to Hello Kitty

Hey scrappers,

I know it's been a while since I have updated. I got the growling call from my sister to tell me to get on the ball ;) Time has been just flying and I haven't done much scrappy stuff this week at all. I will have oodles of work to share with you next week.

For now, a layout that I did a while back. Hello Kitty holds a special little spot in our hearts. My sister gave Larissa this purse last summer and it goes everywhere Larissa goes (including to bed). The straps have broken off several times and I have spent many an evening sewing them back on. I did this layout so when she was older she could look back a remember one of her most treasured items (at least at the ripe ole age of 4! lol)


The white swirls are the backing off Prima Voila felts. They came with the edges stained brown like that which I really liked. It is really really hard to adhere to your page but it's the stick-resistant backing which is made specifically to resist adhesives.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful!!!! Wow!! Loving every single detail :)

Amanda Winchester said...

Totally love this colour combo! Using the back off the felt is genius and I love all the distressing! FAB as always :)

Tracey Taylor said...

What a striking page. LOVE every inch.

Meg Giroux said...

This is just beautiful! Love all the pink and I also love Hello Kitty!!!

phamil said...

Awww, what a sweet page! I just got some Hello Kitty earrings from ebay! They're so cute! Love the bloom too!

Tanya said...

GORGEOUSNESS, totally stunning girlfriend