Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas greetings


I have a beautiful kit to share with you and some belated updates. Usually when I'm behind on updating it's because of a work situation. A few weeks ago I started a full time permanent job. It's quite an adjustment period since I have been home with Larissa for almost two years (except a couple short term jobs). For the past few weeks I have not felt like doing anything remotely scrappy whether online or otherwise. I'm coming around though! Last night I polished off 4 layouts and 3 altered items. I can't show you what I made last night just yet but I can show you the My Creative Scrapbook December Limited Edition kit. Oh how I LOOOOOVE this kit...it's so beautiful and ethereal...the perfect winter kit.


Wishing, dreaming, waiting: This is a photo from last Christmas. This look on her face just reminds me of how hard it is to wait patiently for Christmas when you are a child. I used a large part of a bottle of gold Stickles on this layout alone.






Dear Santa: This is Larissa's Santa letter for this year. She's not quite old enough to write one herself so I did the writing for her while she dictated. I did have her write the 'Dear Santa' and sign her name at the bottom. She also addressed the envelope herself. Before we left to the Christmas parade (where letter carriers pick up the letters) I made sure to scan them so I could keep a copy just for this purpose.

Season of White: This is one of last year's photos as well. Normally, we have a quite a pile of snow by this time but right now it sill quite green around here. This photo was taken shortly after an ice storm last March... if you look closely you can see the ice on the evergreen trees behind Larissa. I absolutely adore the soft colour palette of this kit...the ivory and gold is a beautiful combo.


I hope everyone had a peaceful Christmas surrounded by friends and family.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Zoe said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!! Beautiful job with the kit.
How many bottles of stickles do you go through in a week?? hehe

Bella said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love this kit its amazing! Awesome l/os!!!

Tina McDonald said...

You are amazing girl! So glad you're back!! You have me wanting to scrap... and that hasn't happened for a while! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Hope this new "job" isn't going to keep you from cropping with us when the time comes! :)

Tracey Taylor said...

Now this is my kind of kit. Absolutely AMAZING pages!