Wednesday, October 14, 2009

belated updates....

Dearest blog readers,

I am so very sorry for my lack of updates in recent weeks (months!?!?). I have been working and my online presence has greatly declined. I have been gently chastised by my dear friends for my lack of posts so I resolve to do a little better in the coming weeks. I still have lots of fun projects to show you but I just haven't had the extra time to sit down and get them assembled into a coherent post. It's so late in the evening by the time I can sit down to work on the computer that I'm falling asleep!!

So without further ado, I will share some work that I did for September...and I will have lots of updates in the coming days so stay tuned!! (No longer will you be greeted with the Ariel cake layout Holly!!)


This is the work for My Creative Scrapbook's Main Kit (September...see I'm way behind). What a gorgeous and fun kit to work with featuring Pink Paislee's Amber Road.

Top of the World: I have had this picture sitting on my scrappy desk for over a year and I finally found the right paper/embellies to get it scrapped. It is Larissa hanging out on a bale of straw last fall and in this photo she was actually starting to slide down the side of the bale much to her distress (and my amusement).



This little altered project (accordion book) was a lot of fun to do. It is simple to make with a few folded pieces of cardstock and cardboard covers.


Nanny & Me: This is a layout of Larissa and her Nanny (my mother) :) It's hard to get my Mom in a photo so I was pleased to get this one summer day even though their faces turned out a little dark. I just love this die cut that came in the kit by Collage Press.
I must say sorry for the photos of this kit. I was having a particularly hard time getting this photographed because by the time I was getting home from work the sun was starting to set so my lighting wasn't the best. I wasn't able to get the close up shots that are normally my favourite ones to post.

I feel so lucky to design for such an amazing kit club like My Creative Scrapbook. If you are interested in kits at all, I would highly recommend MCS. Their kits never disappoint!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Wow great layouts!

Zoe said...

Beautiful layouts! well worth the wait {{{HUGS}}}

JLYeomans said...

I love MCS kits as well. I met the owner and her family last week in Kansas. In my opinion they are the best kits out there. Love what you did with this kit! You are talented!

Cindy S. said...

WOW! I am always SO THRILLED when you update! Gorgeous projects, My Friend (LOVE the LO of L & your momma!) :)