Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some Bittersweet and a bit of metallic

XOXO:
I finally opened that new package of Basic Grey Bittersweet that I received in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE this new paper line. I made a couple layouts with these photos of Larissa and her cousin Jaedyn. I plan on using up every little scrap of this paper pack. This layout is a based this beautiful sketch by Liz Qualman's (aka Q-diggity). Liz is hosting a Valentines Sketch Challenge at SB.com... you have until February 28 to come join in the fun! Liz made this beautiful layout to go along with her sketch. I just loved the fact that she used a flower punch in the scalloped part of her paper...how cool eh!? I dug around in my scrap room for my very old heart punch and put it to work. I really like this effect and will definately be putting to good use on more layouts.

Jouranling reads: Larissa just loves Jaedyn so much that she is constantly squeezing her and kissing her. They make the best of friends. Feb '09

These letters (XOXO) are Heidi Swapp chipboard letters. I used Glossy Accents and Martha Stewart glitter to cover them (Tourmaline and Brownstone)
The chipboard is Maya Road and I also used the Martha Stewart Brownstone glitter on it. I am trying to use up a little bit of my huge chipboard stash.

Here's another thing that was kicking around in my stash for some time...these various heart brads and eyelets...there's even a heart in there that I made with a stamp and polyshrink.
Just Like Sisters:
Another project with BG Bittersweet! Journaling: You 2 are often mistaken for sisters...you both look alike, get along so well and spend oodles of happy hours together. I'm so glad you both have each other. Rissy & Jaedyn. Feb '09

The hearts on the left were totally inspired by Gabrielle Pollacco's You're Beautiful layout. Gabrielle is a very talented scrapper who just so happens to have the highest viewed and voted on layout on sb.com!!


Girlfriends:

Sometimes I sit down and scrapbook just for the creativity. I'm not thinking about the memory of anything or capturing a certain emotion or feeling... I just feel like making something pretty. So I found this butterfly and decided that I wanted to make a big froo-froo layout.. just to go in a shadow box or perhaps on a stand on my kitchen. I used loads of metallic stuff on this page..something I rarely do. I used metallic flowers, ribbon, brads, brown glitter and of course the big butterfly that started this layout. The photo is Larissa and her cousin. I used a Mindy Bush action on it (Cocoa Shine). I picked up the butterfly from Michaels in one of the $1.50 bins :)

1 comment:

Jill Sarginson said...

Wow Amanda ... that XOXO layout is FABULOUS. I am totally going to lift the idea of the scalloped circle/punched hearts and stitches! I LOVE IT! You are so talented ... awesome new layouts!