Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Scrapbook Dreamer

I was recently asked to be a guest designer for Scrapbook Dreamer. They sent me some beautiful supplies to work with and this is my first layout for them. The paper, trims and alphas here are Webster's Pages, Postcards from Paris. When I saw these papers, I just knew what photo I was going to use. I had visions of cutting the hot air balloons from their pattern paper but I couldn't seem to work that into the layout. The base of the layout is pattern paper with a layer of printed vellum over it. My favourite part of this layout is the loopy pink trim! I'd use pink loopy trim on every layout if I could get away with it! To create the photo in the shape of a circle, I printed the photo as an 8.5x11 and used a Crafter's Workshop circle template to trace around the photo. I cut it out by hand inked the edges with Stazon ink. The blue circle layer has glimmer mist on it, thanks to my friend Zoe who brought all her beautiful glimmer mists when she came over to scrap with me! I journaled around the photo in the blue layer.

This photo is from last summer. Larissa and her little cousins were outside playing and started screaming!! I came running but thankfully it was screams of delight because there was a hot air balloon so close to our house. They were hollering at the balloon man to come closer so they could play with the really big balloon. Then they spent the rest of the evening asking me if I could get them a really big balloon to ride around in. I think someone very close to us must own the balloon because we saw it around almost everyday after that first time.


Stay tuned for more work with these products shortly :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

Michelle said...

um.....breath taking! you are so very talented. I need to come over there and get you to teach me a thing or 2 (ok, maybe 10)

Zoe said...

Totally Amazing :) I dont think I told you I couldnt fit ALL the glimmer mist in! lol {blush} I have a few!
HuGS

Carmen said...

LOVE that loopy trim! Beautiful layout.

Tracey Taylor said...

Oh, I am even more excited that I ordered that pink trim. :) what a gorgeous page!!

Jill Sarginson said...

gorgeous work amanda! Just love the vintage feel! a stunner as always!!

Zoa said...

wow gorgeous! I love the ribbon border- fabulous!